Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 5


ISO 1600   f/9.0   1/200
The vivid pinks of the snapdragon plants in my backyard are about the only beautiful thing left to see in my backyard.  Between the broken irrigation system, broken pool and weeds popping up daily, gazing upon these flowers is a nice reprieve for the eye when viewing the rest of the yard!  I also want to add that this is my FIRST manual mode photo!  I have been reading and following this great blog, Click It Up A Notch, and it has given me some fantastic tutorials and encouragement to start shooting in manual.  It is intimidating and I am not good at it whatsoever but practice makes perfect!

3 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

After a few months of online photo courses, I left "automatic," too. However, I'll check out the link you provided, because I know I can learn so much more. Beautiful hot pink snapdragons. I love this flower for its willingness to "volunteer" almost anywhere. ;-)

Carmen said...

Lovely shot! Thanks for your comment!
Blessings! :)

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

You have some lovely details in your snapdragon shot and the colour is wonderful.